Part of the Young Men’s Duty to God is to provide Service in some form or another. A great way to do this is to set a Mutual Service Project for the Young Men.
Young women can also be included to make this a combined activity.
LDS Mutual Service Project Ideas:
- Seek out members within the ward who may require help with gardening, cleaning or general house hold chores.
- Help out the community with rubbish removal from beaches, national parks, or playgrounds
- Clean the chapel or do gardening within the chapel grounds.
- Help a local charity group.
- Offer to babysit members children of the ward so the parents can go on a short date.
- Offer to paint a mural on a local school wall or floor. (We have done this with great success)
- Visit the sick members in hospital.
- Bake some cookies to take to a few select members in need of the ward.
And the list can go on and on. The service project mutual activity may have to be done on a weekend or a different time, to fit in with the organization you will be helping. Be sure to see how will be able to attend and organise transport if required.
Let me know in the comments below, what service projects your young men or young women have done in the past.