Choosing the correct LDS Mutual Activities for your youth, is vital in keeping them active, spiritually excited and interested. Your experience in the Aaronic Priesthood will include three things: Brotherhood, Instruction, and Service. You will work together, learn together, achieve together, and serve together. Charles W. Dahlquist II
Having being involved in the Young Men program as a Leader for many years now, I thought it was time to share some of the great LDS Mutual Activities, projects and service, we have come up with. A few other members have commented on how impressed they are with our huge range different activities for the youth in our ward. So what better way than to share our ideas with everyone.
To keep our youth active and inspired we designed a range of LDS Mutual Activities complementing the Church Standards and Mutual Themes. Focusing on Mental Learning, Spiritual Learning and Physical Learning.
There is nothing worse than getting a new calling and having no idea on what is expected for activities and just Looking Fuzzy. So here is a detailed lest of some of the more exciting and interesting activities, that have inspired our youth to attend regularly. But most importantly to bring and be a friend.
Physical, Mental and Spiritual:
- Physical activities are all about making you stronger, healthier, fitter and an all rounder. Keeping you body clean via the Word of Wisdom is Vital. In other words stay healthy.
- Mental activities are all about expanding mental capacity. You keep your body fit, so why not your brain?
- No one can force youth to have spiritual experiences, but parents and leaders can find opportunities, that lead to conversion. Leaders must look for all opportunities to teach by the spirit.
The Result is: The Young Man lives a righteous life, and remains worthy to exercise the priesthood. He sets a good example for Church members, and is a good grounding to serve a Mission.
List of LDS Mutual Activities We Have Done:
- Combined Mutual: News Paper Hockey
- Young Men Mutual: Duty to God Revision and Family History Training.
- Young Men Mutual: Sacrament Training
- Combined Mutual: Indoor, Outdoor or Beach Cricket
- Combined Mutual: Temple Baptisms
- Combined Mutual: Volley Ball, Indoor, Outdoor, Beach, Earthball
- Mutual: Computer Networking and LAN Party Gaming
- Combined Mutual: Car Servicing and Maintenance
- LDS Combined Mutual: Ice Blocking
- LDS Mutual: First Aid Training
- LDS Mutual Activity: Job Search Skills
- LDS Combined Mutual: Progressive Dinner
- LDS Mutual: Service Project
- LDS Mutual: Learn to Tie Knots
Let us know below in the comments below, what activities are successful in your Ward.